Monday, December 6, 2010

Aloe


Just got an awesome package from Stones Throw of all the Aloe Blacc vinyl and posters. So cool. Really proud to be a part of this project and to see it taking off. Egon sent a CD and asked me to shoot Aloe a ways back. Half way through the first song I emailed him back and enthusiastic yes. Something grabbed me right off the bat. During the first of two shoots i did with Aloe, we did a set up where I needed him to actually sing during the shot. The room was dark except for one spot light and a lot of smoke. He started in and the whole place got real quiet except for his stunning voice. Absolutely amazing. Sent chills. It was one of the moments that reconfirm why I do anything I do. A true highlight of all the years I've been shooting. Congratulations to Aloe and Stones Throw and all involved. I hope it keeps moving like it has.
In the corner you can see the proofs from the new Atmosphere shoot I did last week. Shot 3200 on an old F3. Felt great. The book I published about them is coming out in two weeks. More info on its release to come